|Success Attraction suc·cess: (n.) The achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted|
|Secret To Getting Anything?|
The Seven Cs of Success
Get ready to sail the Seven C's - the Seven C's of Success that is. Get on board and ride this ship to your destiny! There are Seven C's you must sail if you want to be a total success. Here they are, in alphabetical order:
1. Caring - I believe that to be a true success in this world we must have a bigger vision than simply accomplishing a goal for ourselves or simply lining our own pockets. I believe that successful people have a deep care for others. Yes, they are aggressive, but they are not aggressive to the point that they run roughshod over others.
Question: What is your care factor? Have you placed people in their proper place, as people worthy of dignity, respect, and proper treatment? Or have you begun to treat others as a means to an end for yourself?
2. Character - Becoming a success is more than increasing the digits in your bank account. In fact, I believe ANYONE can increase his or her bank account with a simple plan. Financial development is the easy part. Character development is the hard part, letting each and every experience shape and mold us as we experience them, always moving toward our goal and never allowing negative circumstances to destroy us but make us better people. This is what true success is about!
Question: How is your character? Are you becoming a better person with each passing experience? Are you becoming a rock of wisdom and experience, deepening your foundation of character?
3. Choice - Eisenhower reminded us that our histories are written by choice, not by chance. Every movement you make toward your ultimate success and destiny will be because you choose to move toward it. The actions that you choose, each and every day will add up, over the long-term, to your final destination. The power we have as humans to choose is one of the greatest gifts known to mankind.
Question: Do you choose success with each and every choice you make? Each choice you make either moves you toward your goal or away from it. Which do you choose?
4. Concentration - Often those who fail do so because they lose their concentration. Something else comes along and becomes their newfound fancy. They move from whim to whim, tossed to and fro by the strong blowing winds. The successful person however, stands firm, with their eyes transfixed on the goal. One of my favorite posters as a boy was of George Brett of the Kansas City Royals Baseball Team. They picture was taken just as the bat was hitting the ball. Where were George's eyes? Straight down the barrel of the bat, looking at the point where the ball and bat came together. Now that is concentration!
Question: How is your concentration? Do you stick to your goal and focus firmly on it, or do you let your mind and heart wander from whim to whim?
5. Confidence - Success comes to those who have the confidence to try, and more than that, the confidence to win. Confidence is something that you can grow in your mind and heart. Each passing victory that you achieve builds more and more confidence in you to draw from the next time you go to fight another battle on your journey to success. Do what you can to build confidence inside of yourself so you will be able to dip deeply into that well when you need it!
Question: How is your confidence? Do you believe that you can achieve what you conceive? Are you winning victories that you can then draw on later?
6. Consistency - People who become a success realize that to a great degree, success is a formula. At the very least it is sticking to doing the right things for a long enough period of time for them to create their destiny. This is consistency. They consistently do the things that will bring them their success. Tiger Woods hits hundreds of practice balls each and every day. He doesn't do 100 one day, then two days off, then 500 balls, then a day off, then 300 balls, then three days off. No, he knows the power of consistency and has achieved a level of success that that consistency formulated for him.
Question: How is your consistency? Are you consistent? Are you doing the things you need to do each and every day that will bring your goal to you?
7. Courage - Successful people are brave people. They know that even success has its challenges, yet they face them head on and move forward anyway. No mountain is too high, nor river too wide, nor foe too large for the person who will choose to live out their dreams! They are courageous people who continue on even when others have quit. And for that they receive their reward!
Question: How about you? Are you courageous? Are you willing to face the obstacles and move forward in spite of the fear that may try to well up within you? Be courageous and you will succeed!
There they are, the Seven C's of Success. Set sail today!
Caring Character Choice Concentration Confidence Consistency Courage
About The Author:
Chris Widener is a popular speaker and writer as well as the President of Made for Success, a company helping individuals and organizations turn their potential into performance, succeed in every area of their lives and achieve their dreams.
To see Chris "live" at the upcoming Jim Rohn Weekend Event as he speaks on the subject of Secrets of Influence go to http://Chris-Widener.InspiresYOU.com/ or call 800-929-0434.
What is Success and How Do We Achieve It?
To be clear about what success is must be the first step to achieving success.
If You?re Not Where You Want To Be In Life, It?s Your Own Fault
Have you ever wondered why you're not where you want to be in life?
Five Principals for Prosperity
Many years ago, forty to be exact, I started my own business at the tender age of nineteen. The street markets in and around Manchester England was my happy hunting ground. Every day was an adventure and despite the weather and difficulties of getting a stall on the street market, life was always fun and enjoyable. There was always some comical incident, even when I had to stand in the pouring rain, with no customers in sight. And if there was no amusing event to focus on I created one and made other people laugh.
Don?t Stop Asking So Many Questions
A few weeks ago I took my boy on a trip that we make together every year. We left the house at 6 am on Monday and got home at 9 pm on Thursday. That is just 87 hours. However, that is 84,293 questions!
Hows Work Going?
Think how often you see a friend or an acquaintance that you may not have seen for a few weeks or months and the question comes up: "How's work going?"
Obstacles to Success. Why Dont I Believe In Myself and What Can I Do About It?
Why do so many of us lack belief in ourselves? How can we solve this problem and start discovering the huge power that belief in ourselves brings?
Whenever I'm feeling stuck in a rut, I go out and buy myself a new houseplant. I usually do this when I get the sense that I am surrounded by stale energy. Most people can easily pick up on this kind of vibe -- emotionally you might be feeling stuck, bored, frustrated, or discouraged. This stale energy also often manifests itself on the physical plane -- the phone never rings, your loved ones and pets seem irritable, and the bills arrive long before you collect the money to pay them.
Success Achievement Secrets
You can achieve whatever you want by incorporating the following components into your daily schedule. Consistency is key. To enjoy positive results, you need to make these secrets a way of life. All of the secrets are equally important. You can't pick and choose. These secrets are not sequential steps. They all have to be utilized simultaneously.
Dare to Dream Again
Do you remember when you were a child and no dream seemed too big? Some of us thought we would walk on the moon; some dreamed of riding with Roy Rogers; others imagined stepping to the plate in a big-league game. Every one of us, when we were young, had a common trait - we were dreamers. The world hadn't gotten to us yet to show us that we couldn't possibly achieve what our hearts longed for. And we were yet still years from realizing that in some cases we weren't built for achieving our dream (I realized about my junior year of high school that I was too short and to slow to play professional basketball. The dreamer is always the last to know).
The Disciplines of Success
Success, in the dictionary, is defined as, "The achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted." So why is success in our society defined by the balance in your bank account, the car you drive, or how big your house is? You are successful if you are a lawyer, doctor, or movie actor with a six figure income. You should be able to be called a "success" when you have been able to do anything and everything you have wanted to do in your life. Shouldn't success be defined as being able to do what your passion is in life? Shouldn't you be successful when you have achieved complete happiness? Besides money, wealth should include your spiritual, physical and mental well-being.
From Rags To Riches
Nicholas Darvas, escaping his war-torn homeland, Hungary, sought refuge in Turkey in June 1943. In Istanbul, however, he faced a new crisis. Now, he had no friends, no money, no knowledge of Turkish, and no citizenship. He risked starvation. He also risked losing his sense of being special. He didn't want to be poor and hungry for the rest of his life. No, he had fonder hopes for himself. He wanted to thrive. He wanted to be an outrageous success.
Top 7 Traits of Extremely Wealthy People
Wealthy people share common traits. That's why they are wealthy. If you want to be extremely wealthy, learn and own these traits:
Finding Time For Success: Important Vs Urgent
If you have a choice each day in the tasks that you face, a choice between doing what is urgent and doing what is important, which do you choose?
How to Make Your Wildest Dreams a Reality
According to Bill Gates there are 3 keys to success in any new venture:
What if... You Could Have it All? 6 Steps to Living Your Best Life
What if?you could have it all? 6 Steps to Living your Best Life Simply put, people want more out of life. The 80's were a time of wanting more money, the 90's more time and now it is more fulfillment. Statistics Canada (Sept., 2004) reported "only 32.6% of Canadians surveyed report being very satisfied with life"
Success: How to Ask the Right Questions
Q. My problem is that I have trouble keeping my motivation and energy up day to day. I get so scattered and wind up forgetting where I want to go. Do you have any suggestions for making this work on a daily basis?
Affirm Your Intentions - Achieve Your Goals
Affirmations are emotionally driven statements of intention and faith that guide thought and action. Affirmation comes from the Latin firmus, meaning strong. Affirmations recognize and assert the existence of personal truths. These statements can be powerfully effective for developing and strengthening thought patterns, and thus actions, needed to achieve goals. These thought patterns also attract the situations we affirm to be true.
Top 10 Tools for a Strong Personal Foundation
Coaching is about living great lives. It's about living lives based on our values, our priorities and our choices. And, as in building a great building, it takes a very strong foundation. In fact, the more spectacular the visible parts of the building are going to be, the more time and precision has to go into preparing the supporting structures and systems underneath. But one of the most difficult things in life is spending the necessary time on the foundations.
The DNA of Top Achievers
Of course by now we are all becoming aware of DNA. It is the source code that determines who we are. When we look at DNA we can see what a person will look like, what diseases they may come down with, etc. This has been a tremendous breakthrough for scientists and will continue to be so for some time, I think.
The Clichés of Success
The problem with writing about success is that almost everything ends up sounding like a cliché. It has all been said before. It has all been read or heard before. There are no new secret formulas; no new tricks to creating success or being successful; nothing new to write about.
|home | site map|