|Success Attraction suc·cess: (n.) The achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted
|Secret To Getting Anything?
Dare to Dream Again
Do you remember when you were a child and no dream seemed too big? Some of us thought we would walk on the moon; some dreamed of riding with Roy Rogers; others imagined stepping to the plate in a big-league game. Every one of us, when we were young, had a common trait - we were dreamers. The world hadn't gotten to us yet to show us that we couldn't possibly achieve what our hearts longed for. And we were yet still years from realizing that in some cases we weren't built for achieving our dream (I realized about my junior year of high school that I was too short and to slow to play professional basketball. The dreamer is always the last to know).
Eventually we started to let our dreams die. People began to tell us that we couldn't do the things we wanted. It was impossible. Responsible people don't pursue their dreams. Settle down, get a job, be dependable. Take care of business, live the mundane, be content.
Do you know what I say to that? Hooey!
It is time to dream again!
Why? Here are just a few reasons:
Avoiding regret. The facts are in, and someday we will all lie on our deathbed looking back through the history of our lives. We will undoubtedly think about what we wished we had done or accomplished. I for one don't want to regret what could have been, what should have been. So I am deciding today to pursue my dreams.
* Making the world a better place. All of the great accomplishments that have ever happened began with a person who had a dream. Somebody rebuffed the naysayers and said to himself or herself, "This can be done, and I am the one who will do it." And in many instances they changed the world for the better. It isn't just the Martin Luther King's and the J.F.K's either. Think of all the people we have never heard of who have started things large and small that help people world-wide every day.
* The world needs people like you to dream of something great and then to pursue it will all of your heart. Maybe you belong to a business, school, or organization that started out with good intentions but has settled into the same ol' same ol'. Shake them up and remind them of how they could really help people if only they would dream!
* Personal and family fulfillment. One of the things that happens when we stop pursuing our dreams is that a little piece of us dies and we become disheartened, if only in that area of our lives. Stepping up and pursuing your dream rekindles that passion and zeal that everyone has the capacity for and lets us experience fulfillment. Having a purpose puts the zip in our step and the zing in our emotions!
* Leaving a legacy. How will your children remember you? As one who sought all that life had to offer, using your gifts and talents to their fullest extent, leading the family with a zest for life, or as an overweight couch potato who could have been? Our children need to see that we dream; that we search for something better. They in turn will do the same!
So where do we start? Here are some ideas:
* Reconnect with your dream. Set aside some time to let yourself dream. What have you placed on the backburner in order to live the status quo? Settle on one or two dreams that you can and will pursue. Don't come up with too many. That will only deter you further.
* Decide that you will do it. This may seem elementary but many people never decide and commit fully to their dream. They simply keep "thinking" about it. Tell others that you are going to do it. This puts you on the record as to what you are dreaming about. It makes you accountable. It will help you do it if for no other reason than to avoid embarrassment!
* Develop a step-by-step plan. This is absolutely essential. You must sit down and write out a few things:
* A timeline. How long will it take to the end?
* Action steps. Point-by-point what you will do and when you will do them.
* Resources you will need to draw from. What will it take? Who will need to be involved for help or advice?
* An evaluation tool. You need to evaluate from time to time whether you are progressing or not.
* A celebration. Yep, when you are done you should already have planned what you will do to celebrate. Make it big!
I have found that there is no better time than now. So, set aside some time today to get started on your dream. Follow the action plan and set your sights for the top of the mountain! You will be glad you did!
About The Author:
Chris Widener is a popular speaker and writer as well as the President of Made for Success, a company helping individuals and organizations turn their potential into performance, succeed in every area of their lives and achieve their dreams.
To see Chris "live" at the upcoming Jim Rohn Weekend Event as he speaks on the subject of Secrets of Influence go to http://Chris-Widener.InspiresYOU.com/ or call 800-929-0434.
The Fuel That Drives The Ultimate Lifestyle
In a recent article (What is The Ultimate Lifestyle), I talked about the 8 core components that define "The Ultimate Lifestyle."
7 Tips for Success
In this article we mention 7 tips for your success. That's not to say these are the only ones, nor will every successful person use all these. But using these tips will help you succeed.
Becoming a Success Giant!
Success Is Everything
(Excerpted From the 2001 Jim Rohn Millennium Weekend Event - Jim Rohn/Zig Ziglar VIP Lunch)
Better Instead of Bitter
I have been studying several books lately that deal with subject of attracting prosperity, well being and abundance to oneself -- partly as a refresher course for myself, but also partly because I was searching for answers for some of our clients in the Realm. Lately in the chat rooms, the issue of how to overcome bitterness or loss is a big topic. How do you be 'better, instead of bitter' when life hands you what feels like a terrible blow; whether it be to your heart, to your pocketbook or the very core of your soul?
Neutralize The Negatives!
We are repeatedly told that we should forget about unpleasant experiences (failures) and focus on pleasant ones (successes).
Balance: Flow and Faith
In so many areas of life we must always be vigilent of our mental, emotional and physical health. Getting involved or caught up in too much of one thing can create a multitude of problems in life. Out at a networking event recently, I had missed dinner but in true form to the crowd and socializing I purchased my first of many beers. I hadn't intended to stay as late as I did and nor had I intended to carry-on afterwards at a friend's place. A little excess can be a good thing once in a blue moon.
iPod - The Ultimate Self-Help Tool
Wow, what an outrageous claim! Why do I say this? Simple. I believe that listening to self-help audio books, seminars, and yes--you knew I was going to say it--Power Affirmations (even ones you record yourself), is the most powerful way to learn and recondition your thinking. And when you improve your thought habits, your life automagically improves.
Self Improvement and the Power of Concentration
One the most important Self Improvement skills to develop to ensure our success is the ability to concentrate.
Are You Learning?
Whether you are self-employed, whether you are an employee, whether you are parent, whether you are a student we all need to be learning. To stand still, to learn no more, or worse than that to think we know all there is to know, is a major mistake.
Reach Your Goals - A Higher Purpose
Find a higher reason to reach your goal than just the goal itself
7 Essential Body Language Tips
The secrets of our body language have been around forever yet people constantly fail to recognize the importance of using body language to their advantage. Did you know that people only pay attention to 7% of what we say? Where does the rest of their attention go? You guessed it right: our body language. Now let me give my 7 BLT's so that you can use your body language much more efficiently when interacting with people.
Don?t Stop Asking So Many Questions
A few weeks ago I took my boy on a trip that we make together every year. We left the house at 6 am on Monday and got home at 9 pm on Thursday. That is just 87 hours. However, that is 84,293 questions!
10 Questions: Do You Have What It Takes?
Do you have what it takes to be really successful?
Super Achievers Have: Talent, Skill, Patience, and Lady Luck!
As a golfer and coach, I've been thrilled to watch the U.S. Open golf championship this week. I love the game, and have been privileged to coach some great players, so this tournament holds a special attraction for me. As many of you know, this is one of the few world championships that is literally open to all comers. If you can play golf, you can enter. Entering, however, does not guarantee victory!
Believing in Oneself is a Daily Commitment
"If you think you can or you think you can't - you're right!" Henry Ford
Success - Overcoming Bodily Conditions Which Seem Impossible of Change
Conditions differ from circumstances. Circumstances are changeable conditions which merely "stand around about you," and, of them, have no stability. They are created by man, and can be overcome by man.
Reach Your Goals - Visualize Success
Visualize success, and what you'll do to reward yourself
Success Achievement Secrets
You can achieve whatever you want by incorporating the following components into your daily schedule. Consistency is key. To enjoy positive results, you need to make these secrets a way of life. All of the secrets are equally important. You can't pick and choose. These secrets are not sequential steps. They all have to be utilized simultaneously.
Seven Keys To Success In The Information Age
In 1989, when the Berlin Wall came down and the World Wide Web went up, the world changed forever. This marked the end of the Industrial Age and the beginning of the Information Age. It is not just a new world we are living in, but a brand-new world, where the changes are so profound, so sweeping and so swift that we may no longer be able to control our own lives, much less achieve the success we want.
|home | site map