|Success Attraction suc·cess: (n.) The achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted|
|Secret To Getting Anything?|
The Seven Deadly Roadblocks to Success
When traveling down the road it is always good to beware of roadblocks! You don't want to crash and burn do you? The same is true in our journey toward success. We need to beware of those things that will keep us from our destination!
What are the most common? Here they are:
1. Fear. Fear is one of the worst enemies of success. When fear wraps its tentacles around you and keeps you in bondage, you will never be able to reach for your dreams. We must confront our fears, see them for what they are, toss them to the side, and pursue our dreams with relentless passion. Conquering fear and stepping forward to reach new lands and new ideas is what makes success possible. What are you afraid of today? What fear must you conquer to be able to achieve your dream? When you realize what it is, take an action that is diametrically opposed to that which you fear. This will confront and conquer the fear by giving you the first step in the right direction.
2. Lethargy. Quite frankly, what keeps most people from success is that they simply don't have the energy, or make the energy, to do what it takes to move to the next level. They get to a point that is comfortable and then they settle in for a nice, life-long nap! Don't get lethargic; get going! Force yourself to wake up from the slumber and move!
3. Lack of perseverance. Often times the race is lost because the race is not finished. Success is often just around the sharpest corner or the steepest hill. Persevere. Keep going. One more hill. One more corner! In real estate they say the three most important things are "location, location, location." In success the three most important things are "perseverance, perseverance, perseverance."
4. Pessimism. The saying is that you can achieve what you believe. Ask yourself what kinds of beliefs you hold. Are you an optimist or a pessimist? If you don't believe that you can achieve than you won't. Your pessimism will prove yourself right every time. You will find that you subconsciously undermine yourself. Develop your optimism. Look for ways to believe that you can achieve success.
5. Not taking responsibility. I am the chaplain for the local police department. The other day I went with an officer as he took two prisoners to court. Time after time the prisoners made excuses as to why they hadn't yet done what the judge had ordered (she didn't buy it, by the way). After dropping the prisoners off, I said to the officer that unsuccessful people and prisoners have the same bad habit - they won't accept responsibility for their lives. You are responsible. When you accept that, you are on the road to success.
6. Picking the wrong people to hang out with. We can easily become products of our environment. This is why it is essential to hang around people who will spur you on not hold you back! What about the people you have surrounded yourself with? Are they quality people who will encourage you and strengthen you in your quest for success? If not, move on!
7. No vision. Those who succeed always see their success months and years before they live it. They have the ability to look ahead, see the future, imagine the good that can and will come from their lives, families and work. To not have vision is a tremendous roadblock. Sit down and work on seeing the future - and make it good!
About The Author:
Chris Widener is a popular speaker and writer as well as the President of Made for Success, a company helping individuals and organizations turn their potential into performance, succeed in every area of their lives and achieve their dreams.
To see Chris "live" at the upcoming Jim Rohn Weekend Event as he speaks on the subject of Secrets of Influence go to http://Chris-Widener.InspiresYOU.com/ or call 800-929-0434.
Consuming Passions Consuming Success
The other day I went shopping at the local consumer electronics warehouse where they have everything from talking toasters to serenading telephones. I was looking for a new printer since mine had just died from a respiratory belt problem.
The Power Of Language: How To Language Your Future
Imagine living in the world that Helen Keller found herself in nineteen months after arriving on this planet. A world that was dark and silent as the result of a high fever that eliminated her ability to see and hear. In her autobiography, Helen wrote, "Then?came the illness which closed my eyes and ears and plunged me into the unconsciousness of a newborn baby." By the time Anne Sullivan came along to teach her, Helen's ability to communicate was confined to very basic gestures and sounds.
What Do You Feed Your Mind?
"The mind grows by what it feeds on." J. G. Holland
Today I Choose
Here is a great way to create affirmations that may be helpful to you. Here's how it works:
For Meeting Planners: Organizing Your Office for Less Stress and More Profit
If you discovered your speaking career depended on how organized your office was, your reaction could range from complete composure to sheer terror. Even the most successful professional speakers sometimes utter, "Some day I'm really going to get organized," but purging files, organizing computer files, tackling piles of unread journals, or learning a new software program (even one that will help you get organized!), usually gets pushed to the bottom of your list of priorities while you handle today's crisis.
Empowering Other People
Everything you will ever have and accomplish in life will be done through other people. Learning to get things done through others is absolutely essential to your happiness and success in life. Your ability to get others to help you and cooperate with you will determine how much you get done and how high you rise in everything you set out to accomplish. Your ability to enlist the knowledge, energy, and resources of others will enable you to leverage yourself so that you can accomplish far more than the average person and in a far shorter period of time.
Fear of Success? Fear of Failure?
What's holding you back?
True Success In Wood And Water
Let's get right to the point, folks.
Jim Rohns Eleventh Pillar of Success: Accelerated Learning, Part One - You Are a Genius
Hi, Jim Rohn here. This month we focus on accelerating our learning processes. How exciting! First, understand we possess the ability to improve and accelerate our learning curve. And second, this creates the potential of what we can continue to become. Wow! So let's get started. Here is an overview of the month.
Self-confidence - How To Develop This Important Key to Success
"One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation" - Arthur Ashe
Success Without Excuses
If we hope to achieve any worthwhile goal it will be necessary to throw out the excuses. The excuses usually do not deceive others but they may well deceive ourselves.
Breakfast of Failures
"If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate." --Thomas Watson, Sr. Founder of IBM
5 Ways To SuperSize Your Life
McDonald's does it, why shouldn't you? Life is filled with choices; why not choose to live life in a more satisfying way.
Whats the Secret of Your Sucess?
I'm going to begin this article by sharing a little secret with you?
Signs Along the Road to Achievement
One of the first things most of us remember hearing when learning to drive an automobile was "Keep your hands on the wheel." Then there were other precautions like, "Keep your eyes on the road, drive defensively, buckle up for safety, and watch the road signs!"
Keeping Your Mind Tuned for Success
Absolutely no one can underestimate the power of the mind and its role in our success! It is imperative to keep our minds right and on the right track if we are to achieve balanced success in our career, finances, health, emotions, relationships and spiritual lives.
The #1 Secret of Success
Today I am going to tell you the #1 secret to success in life, business & all that you do. If you apply this secret wholeheartedly I guarantee that your life will change for the better.
So What is Success Anyway?
Well I'll tell you what it's not. Even thought many of us like to periodically visit our own personal Fantasyland complete with its mansions, servants, fancy cars and trips to exotic places (check under the heading of "What I Would Do if I Won the Lottery") most of us over the age of twelve with any experience under our belts are realistic enough to recognize our Fantasyland for what it is. A fun place to visit but one sorely lacking in personal fulfillment.
Winning: Defining It - Achieving It
If you ask most people whether they would like to be considered a winner or a loser in life, they would most assuredly reply that they would like to be a winner. But this begs the question, "What does it mean to win at life?" In some things it's easy to define a clear winner. In a basketball game, whoever has the most points at the end of the game is the winner. In a game of hearts, my favorite card game, whoever has the least amount of points when one of the players reaches 100 points is the winner.
Ten, Humourous, Power Attitudes
The ability to achieve our enormous untapped potential is directly related to the attitudes we possess. Positive attitudes empower us to achieve while negative attitudes tend to keep us rooted where we are.
|home | site map|