|Success Attraction suc·cess: (n.) The achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted|
|Secret To Getting Anything?|
Tracking Success With A Goal Tracking Chart
Creating a goal tracking chart is as simple as drawing a basic grid or table. Create as many vertical columns as you have goals to include, and include a horizontal row for every sub-goal or milestone you wish to divide your goals into, plus one row on top for your "Finish By" date and one row below for your goal heading or title. [Hint: Creating a goal tracking chart poster-sized on inexpensive and brightly colored poster board ensures visibility and accountability!]
Complete and use your chart according to the instructions below:
1. Place the name of one goal, or a major section of a larger project goal, in the row of boxes at the bottom of the chart.
2. In the row of boxes at the top of each chart, in the appropriate column above each goal or goal section, place the deadline for that goal, if applicable.
3. Break down each goal or goal section into individual steps that make sense for each one (pound loss intervals for a weight loss goal, steps for completing and sending off a college application, action steps that make up a project phase, etc). Fill in the boxes in each column between the goal title and the finish date with stages involved in meeting that goal, starting with the first step in the lower-most square, just above the goal heading or title, and working your way up to the deadline. Use as many or as few boxes as you need.
4. Cross out, color in or place a sticker, etc., in each goal-step box as you complete that step. By placing several related goals on one chart, you can track whether or not one goal is getting the lion's share of your attention, and you can eliminate worry over forgetting about less vital, but still important, goals in the flurry of day-to-day life.
Large projects can easily be managed using the goal tracking chart by grouping all of the goals specific to each phase of the project together on seperate charts. This way, you can ensure that all project goals are met in a timely manner, and the project as a whole is completed smoothly and efficiently, with no forgotten stepping-stones or bottlenecks.
(c) Soni Pitts
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Soni Pitts is the Chief Visionary Butt-Kicker of SoniPitts.Com. She specializes in helping others reclaim "soul proprietorship" in their lives and to begin living the life their Creator always intended for them.
She is the author of the free e-book "50 Ways To Reach Your Goals" and over 100 self-help and inspirational articles, as well as other products and resources designed to facilitate this process of personal growth and spiritual development.
If You Compare, Beware!
Picture this scene: Little Johnny's mother places a large piece of chocolate cake on his plate. He's pretty happy with it -- until he glances over at his brother's portion and notices that it's even bigger than his own. Suddenly Johnny is no longer satisfied with what he got. He starts to pout and complain, and may even resort to throwing his cake on the floor.
Obstacles to Success. Why Dont I Believe In Myself and What Can I Do About It?
Why do so many of us lack belief in ourselves? How can we solve this problem and start discovering the huge power that belief in ourselves brings?
If Only, If Only, If Only
Remove these words from your vocabulary!
My Top 10 Quotes for Living Well!
Over the years many people have offered their models of the "Good Life", and some have left quotes that nicely summarize important truths. The following are ten of my personal favorites.
Psychology of Success
You must understand You are already a Success, and before you think I'm crazy read further you'll get the point.
Promethean Hispanic Fire
In the Greek tale of creation, a Titan (Greek god) by the name of Epimetheus is given the task of creating living creatures. He screws the job up by giving all the good DNA and survival mechanisms to the animals. When it came time to creating man he had nothing left but soft skin and weak limbs.
Identify Your Unique Factor and Succeed
What makes you unique? Answering this question will provide the keys to a life of fulfillment and success.
Small But Mighty!
When most of us are asked the most important possession in our lives, we tend to look at the big stuffs we have acquired over the years. We easily point to our cars, mansions and even the money we have being able to amass in large quantity. To us, these are the things that make our lives go smoothly. But if we ask a successful man what his prized possession is, we will all be amazed at his answer. His road to success was started by this little thing we all can easily overlook and he sees it as his daily companion. What is it? A journal! This is unbelievable but true.
4 Scientific Strategies to Become Brilliant At Anything
In this brief article we will explore four methods that real world achievers use to outshine their peers and become history makers.
To Succeed Greatly, You Must...
(1) Climb up from under the limitations of circumstances and conditions
Why the Elephants Dont Run
A number of years ago, I had the rather unique experience of being backstage in Madison Square Garden, in New York, during the Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey Circus. To say the least, it was a fascinating experience. I was able to walk around looking at the lions, tigers, giraffes and all the other circus animals. As I was passing the elephants, I suddenly stopped, confused by the fact that these huge creatures were being held by only a small rope tied to their front leg. No chains, no cages. It was obvious that the elephants could, at any time, break away from their bonds but for some reason, they did not. I saw a trainer near by and asked why these beautiful, magnificent animals just stood there and made no attempt to get away.
How to Lose Your Money, Fake Your Destiny with Great Success
Everyone talks about how to be successful through hard work and effort. Forget that! I'm going to take a different approach. I'm going to show you how to lose all your hard earned money and fake your own death (I mean destiny), and be successful at it.
How To Deal With Change
It is often said that the only things in life that are inevitable are death and taxes. Well, you can add a third item to the things that are inevitable, and that is change. And change is happening faster than at any time in human history.
What Do You Need To Do To Be Successful?
What do you need to do to be successful? If you are searching the net you may feel that you need to sign up for the latest affiliate marketing programme. Or perhaps you need to be a member of the latest MLM scheme. On the other hand it may be that you need to follow the directions of the latest web marketing guru. Each of theses routes give you the opportunity of being successful but without courage, zeal and enthusiasm you will join the ranks of the 80% plus who fail.
Personal Development Legend Jim Rohn Turns 70 and Still Going Strong
Jim Rohn, noted leader and speaker in the personal development industry, recently celebrated his 70th birthday in international style - 21 birthday cakes in 15 different cities.
Nine Sure Fire Ways to Boost Your Career
1. Differentiate yourself using a Personal Value Proposition. A PVP a description of how your unique mixture of five key elements creates and/or adds value for an organization and the people in it. A personal examination of these elements reminds you of all the strong, positive things you bring to the table and it points out the gaps you need to close before you can position yourself more effectively. Examine each element separately, combine all the data and created a succinct summary of what you have to offer.
The 80/20 Success Secret
Have you ever wondered if there was a way to apply the Pareto Principle or 80/20 Principle to success or rather becoming successful?
The Four Key Traits of Highly Successful People
Recently, I was asked to write a Top 10 list about the secrets of success, and I spent time thinking about the most successful people I've known. There have been a thousand books and tape sets written about the "Secrets of Success", so the challenge was to see if I could add something new. I think I have at least found a new way of thinking about successful people.
Maximizing Your Potential: Using Your Brain to Think
The Chicago Times once printed that Henry Ford was an ignoramus. Mr. Ford sued, challenging the paper to prove it.
The Importance of Listening Skills for Self Improvement and Success
Effective listening is almost certainly the most important communication skill, and essential to anyone serious about Self Improvement and Success.
|home | site map|