|Success Attraction suc·cess: (n.) The achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted|
|Secret To Getting Anything?|
An Image Makeover that will Change Your Life Forever
Have you ever met people who exude charm and charisma? They have mysterious power and personal magnetism that is attractive to everyone. Some of their captivating qualities are good manners, poise and a great personality. Charm and charisma are virtually indefinable but can be narrowed down to a number of outstanding characteristics. To make yourself a more captivating person identify the traits you have and develop those you do not have.
1. Humor: The ability to laugh at yourself and life's situations will not only make you a more likeable person but it will also reduce your stress level. Don't take yourself too seriously.
2. Consideration for others: When people know that you are genuinely interested and considerate of their opinions and needs they will be more willing to let you into their world. Nobody likes or appreciates a person who thinks only of himself/herself.
3. Being Approachable: Means being friendly towards people, having a warm smile, a pleasant voice, the ability to make small talk and put people at ease. If you find meeting people and small talk difficult. Practice. Usually it just takes that first step.
4. Empathy: A genuine caring for others that makes you forget yourself. Start by becoming aware of people, their desires and needs. Empathy is a real concern for others that is non-judgmental.
5. Patience and self-discipline: Be patient with others, don't jump to conclusions, lose your temper or say something you will regret later. Before you make a statement or reply to a statement think about what you are going to say and what the consequences will be.
6. Self-Confidence: When you know and are comfortable with yourself, others will see it and want to be in your presence. Self-confidence comes from self-knowledge, being who you are, and liking yourself ? it is not something that can be faked.
7. Character: Having a good character means having traits that people respect and admire. Honesty, fairness, loyalty, tolerance, sincerity are positive traits that are seen in actions and the reactions to people and life. Good character is something that is built and cannot be taken from you.
8. Initiative: This is a quality that employers look for. Employees who show initiative have the ability to do their work with little supervision and can cope with minor incidents.
9. Good Manners: Are the necessary courtesies and considerations that make the people you come in contact with feel noticed and appreciated.
10. Attitude: I can't say enough about having a good attitude. It is the one characteristic that brings a personality to life. People like to be in company of those who feel good and who see the good in life.
Copyright 2005 Sheila Dicks
Sheila Dicks is a Image and Wardrobe consultant who teaches women to dress to suit their body type and look slimmer. You can visit her at http://www.sheilasfashionsense.com and download her ebook Image Makeover and get How to Build a Wardrobe free.
Any person who goes through life without experiencing failure is the ultimate failure in life.
Like It or Not, In This Life... The Name of the Game is Change
Most of us fear change, because - as we've all experienced - most change seems to be imposed upon us, originating outside of ourselves.
Preparing For Success
Everyone wants to be successful. Everyone wants to have more, be more, do more, and enjoy more of what life has to offer. We are driven continually forward toward the accomplishment of the things that are most important to us. The entire human race is a made up of people striving toward the realization of their potential in every area. Because of this, there is tremendous competition for the good of things in life. Everybody wants them, and no one is ever fully satisfied. The satisfaction of a want or desire leads automatically to a want or desire for something else. And it never ends.
You Are What You Think You Are
Think out of the box, they say. But what's a box?
Top 10 Traits of Highly Successful People - That You Can Learn!
We have all read about people who are successful briefly. They win a gold medal, make a fortune, or star in one great movie?and then disappear. Or, there are those like Marilyn Monroe and Howard Hughes who achieve extraordinary success, at the cost of their own lives. These examples do not inspire me!
Celebrate Great Rides
You have been preparing for months. You are in position and you are ready. A swell develops and begins to transform before your very eyes. A monster wave is now bearing down upon you. Your training and instincts kick in as you paddle to meet the motion of your wave. The wave tries to bully you showing it is a fierce competitor. You apply all of your skill and training as you find yourself dropping nearly straight down a mountain of angry water. You maintain your balance and you handle your wave with great skill and superb style. You barely avoid the hazards and have several moments of truth where even in your confidence you are not completely sure you are going to make it. But you do make it. You ride through to where the wave finally breaks taking you elegantly to the shore like royalty arriving on a red carpet.
The Power Of Partnerships
Everything we have in life is because of the help of other people. If you have a successful job where you are rapidly moving up it is in large part because of the help you've received from your coworkers. If you have successful and harmonious relationships it is in part because of the other person. If you own a successful and growing business it is in part because of your employees and the relationships you've developed with other businesses associates.
How do Tiger Woods and other Tippy Top World Achievers do it ?
They 'do it' by sharpening their FOCUS on the task at hand to a 100% FOCUS Perfection...
Success The Cartoon Character Way?
If you could choose a cartoon character from your childhood days of watching them on TV or reading them, who would you want to be?
Five Steps To Success!
If you are looking for a surefire strategy to ensure you are moving towards your goals as fast as is possible then it might well be worth your while to take a few minutes and read this article.
Check Your Comfort Zone At The Door
No matter what goals and dreams you desire, there's a good chance it's going to mean reaching beyond what you believe yourself to be capable of.
17 Extraordinary Human Capacities
People have a tremendous capacity for outstanding achievement. There are also many extraordinary capacities that allow them to become high achievers.
Five Ways To Take A Vacation Without Taking A Vacation
Last month Along The Purpose Path was about how to identify and stop the energy drains that leave you feeling exhausted and out of balance. I outlined how energy is one of your most valuable resources and invited you to start thinking about how to reserve more energy for yourself.
Who Wants to be a Millionaire?
I do! I want to be a millionaire! Do you?
What if You Fed Your Mind as Often as You Feed Your Stomach?
Many people consider reading books a waste of time. It is just so easy to switch on the television, put the brain into neutral and accept everything that is shown to you. Some even boast that they have not read a single book since they have left school. That is definitely something that I would not be proud to admit.
Fanning the Flames of Passion -- Reconnecting With Life
Imagine you are a fire. Fires burn at different levels of intensity, from low barely glowing embers to tall roaring bonfires licking the night sky! What kind of fire are you? What is it that fuels you, feeding your burning desires?
Reach Your Goals - Temp Your Way To The Top
Temp your way to the top
Change Your Thinking -- Change Your Life!
The only thing in life we have direct control over is our thoughts and our thoughts determine how we experience life.
The Psychology Of Success; Part 2
In the first part of this article you learned some very important psychological skills for success. You learned how to build up your self-confidence and how to be assertive, fairly. And, how to ask for what you want, but without being confrontational.
Book Summary: The Seven Spiritual Laws Of Success
Dr. Deepak Chopra is a well-known author of more than 25 books. He is one of the leading spokespersons for a growing movement of physicians who are combining modern Western medicine with ancient Eastern healing methods. Chopra was formerly the Chief of Staff at Boston Regional Medical Center, and he has taught at Tufts University and Boston University Schools of Medicine. The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success is a short but insightful book that explains how simple actions can make a big difference. Some parts of it may appear abstract to those who have not experienced Eastern philosophy.
|home | site map|