|Success Attraction suc·cess: (n.) The achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted|
|Secret To Getting Anything?|
Top 10 Secrets to Success
Much has been researched, written and taught about success. One thing is absolutely sure; success is different for every person because success means something different to every person.
There are, however, secrets the successful practice regularly, I've listed the top ten here for you.
1. Set Goals. If there is one thing I know with absolute certainty, it is this, if you don't know where you are going? you will not get there. It is as simple as that. Successful people know where there are going, they decide what they want, they set goals.
2. Write it down. I don't subscribe to the philosophy that you must write out your goals everyday, however I do believe that it is critically important to write them out. So many things float around in our brains from day to day that it can be hard to focus on what is important. By writing out your goals and consistently reviewing them, you keep them fresh in your mind and they become part of your everyday thinking.
3. Use a schedule. Use a palm pilot, pen and paper, day- timer, whatever works best for you but use it. Scheduling forces you to think about planning and helps you to commit to getting things done. If you get it on your schedule and use your schedule regularly you increase your chances for success.
4. Carry an idea journal. I've just recently started using my journal everyday. I have found that the more I use it the more productive I become. It will take what's in your brain and put it in a safe place. This practice frees your mind to focus on other things. Most importantly you keep your ideas handy to review and work on later without losing them.
5. Learn everyday. Research shows that the most successful people are lifelong learners. Many of them are voracious readers. Spend time everyday learning something. Read a few pages of a book or magazine, skim trade journals and online newsletters. Learn a new skill or practice one you don't use often.
6. Plan. You need to set goals, you need to write them out and once you've done that you need to begin the planning process. Success comes from careful planning. You must have a roadmap. It is not enough to know where you are going, you must also know how you will get there.
7. Execute. A new book from Ram Charan entitled Execute outlines the importance of execution in business. You must create a roadmap but it alone will not achieve the goal. You must execute on your plans, execute the roadmap. Put yourself into action and measure your progress.
8. Make note of your success. Small steps and incremental progress are the basis for real success. Each small success will motivate you to greater successes. Cumulatively, all those baby steps add up and suddenly you are where you want to be. Don't discount the small victories they are the catalyst for bigger successes.
9. Think time. Another well-researched success secret is that of think time. Successful people make time to stop, sit and think. It may seem contrary to sit and do nothing but allowing yourself time to review the day or meeting will give you incredible insight. What you learn can inspire change that will lead to greater success.
10. Exercise. Exercise has always been a strategy for the successful. John Kerry, President Bush, ex-President Clinton, and Oprah are all runners. Exercise allows your body better health, more endurance and strengthens your heart. Combine your exercise with books on tape or CD to better utilize your time.
The ten secrets outlined above are proven success strategies. Add one or two to your daily routine to get you started. As you master those add a few more. Success is a wonderful thing? it doesn't expire and you can work at your own pace.
Tired of watching others succeed? Discover how to achieve a more prosperous life. Yolanda A. Facio has created a new ebook that provides a road map for optimum results, everytime. Click Here Now => http://www.newrulesforsuccess.com
Something's missing! As a Hispanic in this great country, I can walk tall knowing that our contributions to the American ideal is everyday becoming more visible.
It?s Sure to Succeed
There are "How to" seminars on virtually every business topic. For the entrepreneur or mid-level manager, business seminars are effective networking tools as well as learning opportunities.
Winning: Defining It - Achieving It
If you ask most people whether they would like to be considered a winner or a loser in life, they would most assuredly reply that they would like to be a winner. But this begs the question, "What does it mean to win at life?" In some things it's easy to define a clear winner. In a basketball game, whoever has the most points at the end of the game is the winner. In a game of hearts, my favorite card game, whoever has the least amount of points when one of the players reaches 100 points is the winner.
Ignite Your Success - 21 Actions
Taking action is the strongest way to create success in your life. The following are the 21 Actions that you can take right now, to ignite the success in your life, business, career, relationships, or family. Take one or two of the actions that you are better at and practice them. Then, start working on some of the other actions. You will be surprised at the success that you will have when you start to take action.
Being a spiritual teacher has continually frightened me. Not because I don't want to do it but that I don't feel adequate for the job. And yet, the role unwittingly is engaged by me as I seek out truths for our lives, who we are, what we're here to do, and other such questions.
An Honest Commitment To Action Is Key To Your Success
With topics in personal development ranging from goal setting to neuro-linguistic programming (NLP), and many things in between it's no wonder at times we are left feeling as though all this learned knowledge is not being made the best use of. We wonder why it's not working for us.
Become a Good Observer
We must never allow a day to pass without finding the answers to a list of important questions such as: What is going on in our industry? What new challenges are currently facing our government? Our community? Our neighborhood? What are the new breakthroughs, the new opportunities, the new tools and techniques that have recently come to light? Who are the new personalities that are influencing world and local opinion?
We Become What We Think About
"A man's life is what his thoughts make of it."
Relationships-- the Secret to Your Professional and Personal Success
The 5 Categories You Want To Succeed In
If it comes to the question what we really want in our life the answer is always "Pleasure". Whatever happens to you, your brain asks 2 questions. Does that mean pain or pleasure, and if it means pain, how can I avoid it.
A Friends Evaluation
Evaluations are a tremendous resource to help us know where we have been and how to get where we want to be. One very overlooked person who would give us a very insightful evaluation is our friend. Our friend? Yes! Think about it: They know you better than anyone. They see you in the greatest amount of diversity. They know about all areas of your life. They could possibly give you the best evaluation you have ever had.
Change Your Results by Changing Your Expectations
Our expectations get us into a lot of trouble and often cause a lot of stress. We expect our customers to always come back; we expect our boss to behave in a certain way; we expect the company we work for to take care of us; and we expect coworkers to be team players.
Make The Second Half The Best Half
Something happens when you come to the intersection called mid-life; you can look back in retrospect and see your life from an entirely different context. For many this mid-life review brings about a sense of urgency that ignites what is formally called "the mid-life crisis". It's where we can trace the effects back to causes that were initiated by our own poor decision, our inattention to important details, our recklessness, our fear, our misplaced priorities, and our ignorance. It can be a pretty bleak experience to really understand, maybe for the first time, that your life really could have been much better if you only knew then what you know now. Ah but there is a subtle sweetness in enduring the emotional upheaval of a mid-life review and that is the fact that you can decide that the second half will be the best half. You can garner the lessons from your past life by taking the knowledge and the wisdom, and leaving the rest behind. You may also experience grief, regret, anger, and blame. Whatever gut-wrenching emotions you feel should be acknowledged and then gently released. You can choose rather you will continue down your current path or if you will choose a new direction for your life. By consciously deciding how you will live the rest of your life, you can create a life that is extraordinary. It's a mighty sweet deal when you think about it but how do you make it happen? Here is a 5-point plan that you can customize and implement in 2 to 5 years that will make the next 40 mean more than you could possibly imagine. Step 1. Create a life vision, not fantasy, that is worth living into that includes personal, professional, and spiritual growth, leveraging your abilities, gifts, and life experiences, contributing to others, having accomplishments that take you beyond lifestyle and status, and building relationships that are life-enhancing. Step 2. Form alliances with those who walk in front of you, beside you, and behind you. There are those who will be teachers and role models in your life, those who will be companions and friends, and those who will be students. Honor each type of relationship for they will all help you advance in life. Step 3. Remove barriers to success by installing new personal qualities, beliefs, habits, skills, and relationships as required. Learn to observe your sticking points, your hot buttons, your negative patterns and work to dismantle them one by one with the understanding that this is a lifetime commitment that requires diligence, patience, and self-care. Step 4. Learn to fan the fires of your own burning desire. Replenish and renew yourself in healthy ways and learn to balance the various aspects of your life so that you are left feeling whole. Step 5. Stay in the game and expect to win. Know that the Universe is on your side and life embraces and supports evolution and you are playing a critical role in your own personal evolution. Why should you expect to spend at least 2 years in this redesign process? Society has programmed us to expect glorified results instantly but upon closer examination, it becomes obvious that the value of a microwave life is commensurate with the investment of time, energy, and resources. The value of life is not just measured by outcomes but also by the process that produces those outcomes. In other words, the joy of living?is living. In 2 to 5 years you will discover aspects of yourself that reveal your true brilliance. You will shed many false perceptions that have restricted and confined you. The rigorous work you will do will be accompanied by a manifold of rewards; expected and unexpected. Of course, it could happen in less time because the time it actually takes is totally dependant on how much you resist change and how willing you are leave the your herded existence behind. You see, a great life is available to the masses but the masses will not forsake their average existence to claim their inheritance. To create an extraordinary life requires that we learn from our mistakes and our victories and continuously reexamine our personal paradigms adjusting them as needed. When you are making the second half the best half, you will find that you will be in a constant state of personal evolution. As you move toward your life's purpose your envisioned life will become the master plan that will guide your life's choices if it has been carefully designed to holistically reflect your individual uniqueness, which is woven into the expression of your values, contributions, and priorities.
How To Stop Having Problems
If you are like me you have probably lost a lot of sleep over the many problems that arise in your life. Sometimes, the problem seems too huge. I become immobilized by the fear. That leads to procrastination and guilt for my inactivity and Presto! My stress level goes through the roof.
It Takes Competence to Change!
This article is about a subject that few people think of when "change" is mentioned. The topic is COMPETENCE.
Great Success Story
Ok, let me tell you what I mean.
10 Universal Principles of Success
Success is not something that only a chosen few can achieve. Everyone can be successful in every area of his or her life. You just need to know how to do things in such a way as to make sure you succeed every time. Success comes as a result of forming certain habits, and continuing in them. Consistency is key. To succeed, you need to be a certain type of person. Don't be discouraged if you are not yet that type of person. With practice, anyone can become a successful person. The successful person thinks in a certain way, talks in a certain way, and acts in a certain way. The list below briefly outlines 10 of those ways (and a bonus tip!). Anyone who consistently applies these principles to any area of their life *will* experience success in that area.
Achieving Success with Authentic Joy: 12 Reflections
Success begins with a personal dream that is bigger than the dreamer is. There is success achieved through sheer force of will and success that brings peace of mind and authentic joy. Achievements that create a better world bring authentic joy to the achiever.
Belief And Action Succeed
For centuries Protestant Christians have argued that you can reach heaven through faith (belief) alone while Roman Catholics have argued that both faith and works are necessary for salvation. However, both groups agree that faith and works are essential in the life of the true Christian.
Why Are Manhole Covers Round?
Recently I stumbled across a list of Microsoft Interview questions and was amazed by how the questions challenged me to look beyond the ordinary. I share some of the questions for you here in the hopes that you also will recognize the spark of creativity that is required to solve these fascinating puzzles.
|home | site map|