|Success Attraction suc·cess: (n.) The achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted|
|Secret To Getting Anything?|
Setting Yourself Up For Success
Most people want to be successful in life. But success can mean different things to different people: making more money; spending quality time with your family; or learning to play a musical instrument.
Since success is personal, defining what it means for you is the first step to achieving it. Once you are clear about what success looks like for you, here are some important points to help you achieve it.
Steps to Success
1. Know your Potential: In order to succeed at anything you need to see that you have the potential to reach your goals
2. Understand your Goal: List three or four reasons why you want to achieve this goal? What is the result you want to obtain?
3. Set Realistic Goals & Timelines: Often times we want overnight success. Make sure your goals and the time frame you have set are realistic.
4. Create a Plan: This is by far the most important document of all. It allows you to keep track of everything involving your goal.
5. No Shortcuts: Shortcuts are sloppy and compromise your work and your integrity. "Anything worth doing is worth doing well."
6. Have Courage: Depending on what success means to you, you will have to have courage to stand up for what you believe and desire to do, even if it means disappointing others.
7. Stay Motivated: It is critical to stay motivated when striving for the big goal of success. Motivational tools will help you stay on track.
8. Be Passionate: Have passion for what you are doing and working toward. You will automatically put more effort into it.
9. No Excuses: If you want something badly enough, there is always a way!
10. No Fear: Fear of Failure is a normal emotion for everyone. How you get past the fear determines whether you experience success.
11. Create Opportunities: Make things happen rather than waiting for opportunities to find you.
12. Attitude: A good attitude will allow you to turn any bad situation into a learning experience. Staying positive and surrounding yourself with friends that share a positive attitude will help you succeed.
13. Make the Best of Each Day: Make the most of every day and accomplish something - even if it's something small. Every baby step counts towards your success.
14. Set Daily Goals: Setting daily goals keeps you on track. Seeing your progress will help keep you going.
15. Accept Responsibility: You will have help in many instances; however, the bottom line is that you are responsible for the choices you will make.
16. Be Open to Improvement: Accept that you do not have all the answers and more importantly, be open to recommendations from other people.
17. Paint a Picture: A great way to keep working toward your goal is to picture what it will look like when you are successful.
18. Identify Procrastinations: If you have a problem with procrastination, make a list of distractions you routinely choose, so you can recognize when you are off course and get back on track.
19. Want versus Need: Do it because you want it, not because you need it. When you want something, it requires and creates intention, desire, and action ? all powerful tools for being successful (doing something out of need usually leads to pain, stress, and frustration).
20. Believe in yourself: Your confidence is what will get you through the challenges.
21. Be Efficient: Use your time and effort wisely.
22. Have Balance in your Life: Make the time for both hard work and pleasure.
23. Have Fun: Fun is a crucial element of success, but one that often forgotten once we get into the process. Find fun and joy in what you are doing, even in the midst of the challenges.
Copyright 2004-2005, Cecile Peterkin
Cecile Peterkin is a Certified Career Coach, Retirement Coach and Speaker. With over 17 years of managerial, leadership, empowerment counseling and personal development experience, Cecile specializes in helping Middle Managers overcome the "Middle Syndrome" of being stuck in a middle position in mid-life. To learn more about Cecile, visit her website at http://www.cosmiccoachingcentre.com or call 416-782-5001, Toll-free:1-866-486-4112.
Five Ways To Take A Vacation Without Taking A Vacation
Last month Along The Purpose Path was about how to identify and stop the energy drains that leave you feeling exhausted and out of balance. I outlined how energy is one of your most valuable resources and invited you to start thinking about how to reserve more energy for yourself.
Self Growth - How to Overcome Your Critics
They all know it's part of the success journey.
The Secret to Success in 2004 (or any year)
Do you want to achieve your most important goals in 2004? In my opinion it gets down to two simple words, "easy" and "neglect".
Shortest Path To Success!
Thoughts move faster than the speed of light.
Create Credibility for Success
Back in my early marketing days, finding the magic ticket to online success was my prime focus. Day after day I became engaged in the journey to find the internet "El Dorado". I did find what I was looking for, nothing more than a fistful of air. The online marketing formula for success was always right in front of me or rather right inside. And yet still so many marketers are out there searching for that elusive ticket to success.
Goal Setting: Pops Proves Its Never Too Late
Pops first set the goal in high school, but when he graduated he thought he wasn't mature enough to pursue it so he enlisted in the U.S. Army.
The Magic of Dreaming
The approach of a new year usually causes us to pause, review the year that's passing into history, recount our victories, and consider some of our nagging near misses. What went right? Where did we fall short? Then we move on, looking into the future and formulating our New Year's Resolutions? or maybe not. Many of us have given up after failing to reach the desired ends we stated as resolutions year after year. Can we hope to have a different outcome in the coming year? Yes, we can! Here's how.
Masterminding Your Way To Greater Success
Napoleon Hill coined the concept of the mastermind alliance in his classic book Think and Grow Rich. He believed that a group of like-minded, achievement-oriented individuals could dramatically leverage each other's success.
Visualize Your Way to Success
Human beings are visual creatures. Our imaginations are powerful tools that can bring us to the brink of despair or create a wonderful new reality. This is because our subconscious responds to images whether they are real or imagined.
What Are the Nine Bodyparts of a Better Life?
Your Head, think about what you want and move towards it Everyday we have several opportunities to make a change for the better, the worse or just say the same and everytime we make a decision in one of these directions. At breakfast you could have oatmeal, or toast and jam, or you could have a coffee and a donut, your decision could often be better. When you get to work you could take the elevator only part way and climb a few flights in the very empty stairwell or you could choose to take an elevator to your floor. Don't feel too terribly bad about all of your decisions as you should know that not many others are making a great decision every time either. I ride my bike to work every day and in a building of 1000 people I am one of three bike riders. Look at these decisions one at a time and if it is a little easier carry around a notebook and write down things to do better. Try to resolve today to just do a few things alittle better than you did yesterday.
Ready? Go! Tweak!
Let's set the scene. You're in a packed stadium. It's the Olympics and you're watching the 100-metre sprint. You're up in the nosebleed section and you see what resembles little "ants" stretching on the field as they prepare for their 10-second mad dash to the finish line. As the race is about to begin, the official hollers: "Ready? Set. Go!" And off they go, as fast as the wind, with the hopes of finishing first among a handful of equally talented competitors.
How do Tiger Woods and other Tippy Top World Achievers do it ?
They 'do it' by sharpening their FOCUS on the task at hand to a 100% FOCUS Perfection...
Private Effort Means Success In Public
If we eat too much at home, the public eventually will notice that our stomach sticks out like a balloon wrapped in clothes. If we drink too much in private our nose gradually turns red and becomes a warning beacon for others.
The Secret to Intense Focus By
One of the common elements you see in almost all successful people is focus. They saw what they wanted to achieve and they focused in on it like a laser. Then, when they become famous and we, the common folk, know their name, we are amazed at the focus they have.
10 Universal Principles of Success
Success is not something that only a chosen few can achieve. Everyone can be successful in every area of his or her life. You just need to know how to do things in such a way as to make sure you succeed every time. Success comes as a result of forming certain habits, and continuing in them. Consistency is key. To succeed, you need to be a certain type of person. Don't be discouraged if you are not yet that type of person. With practice, anyone can become a successful person. The successful person thinks in a certain way, talks in a certain way, and acts in a certain way. The list below briefly outlines 10 of those ways (and a bonus tip!). Anyone who consistently applies these principles to any area of their life *will* experience success in that area.
Affirm, Visualize, and Receive - Is Planning Really Necessary?
"Don't get caught up in the how of things. If you're clear on what you want to change and why you want to change it, the how will come. Many significant things have been left undone because someone let the problem solving interfere with the decision-making." - Michael Angier
Potholes On The Road To Success
Howdy folks, today I would like to speak to you about the journey to success. Potholes on that road to be more exact. Success is the one thing that everyone aspires to attain in life. But for many it has been very elusive, leaving them to believe it is a matter of luck or a gift. Success can be achieved by all, but knowing how to achieve it puzzles many. Here are a few potholes on your journey:
How Top Performers Use Built-In Technology To Stay On Top
Do you ever wonder how some people consistently get what they want out of life and manage to stay on top? They seem to get the best jobs, the best raises, all the recognition -- the best life has to offer.
It Takes Competence to Change!
This article is about a subject that few people think of when "change" is mentioned. The topic is COMPETENCE.
* Perfectionism is a time waster.
|home | site map|