|Success Attraction suc·cess: (n.) The achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted|
|Secret To Getting Anything?|
How to Make Your Wildest Dreams a Reality
According to Bill Gates there are 3 keys to success in any new venture:
1) Being in the right place at the right time. (You could well be already there!)
2) Have a vision of where the industry/business you're working in is going!
3) Taking Massive and Immediate Action! (It is time to act!)
"The future belongs to those who believe in the quality of their dreams." Was it Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe, the famous German poet and philosopher who said those wise words?
Here are my 15 steps to fulfilling my wildest dreams...
1. KNOW YOURSELF. Know and accept your weaknesses and faults (we all have them), but even more so your strengths, abilities and gifts. Build on your strengths and try to minimize or improve on your weaknesses. An honest, objective analysis of yourself is the first step in preparing you for success and realizing your dreams. Celebrate you for just being you, a unique creation.
Aim for mental clarity about what you most want out of life. Think about it and write it down. If it's happiness, what do you mean by happiness: a sense of belonging, recognition, independence, love, money or security? If you don't know where you are and where you want to go with your life, how will you ever get there? Aim at nothing and you're sure to hit it.
2. GET PASSIONATE. Don't apologize for getting passionate. What excites you the most? If you are not enthusiastic and excited about what you're doing, your path in life, you'll never get others to share your dream. Once you find your passion, you will have found your POWER, MEANING and PURPOSE in life.
3. SURROUND YOURSELF WITH POSITIVE PASSION. Always be aware. Negative people will poison your dream faster than anything else. Motto: "If you can't be positive, shut up!" Try and stay positive...even in the face of negativity.
4. ACCEPT FROM THE START THAT YOU WON'T PLEASE EVERYONE. You're going to be misunderstood, misquoted, hurt some feelings, perhaps even lose some friends (for the time being). Motto: "What other people think of me is none of my business!" Repeat this statement to yourself, especially when you doubt or feel discouraged.
5. ALWAYS BE YOURSELF. To thine own self be true. (Shakespeare's "Hamlet", act I.3.) This is supremely important, no matter what the world may think of you. The masses are conditioned to mediocrity and other people's success can make them not feel inferior for their own insignificant little lives.
Accept yourself. Learn from others--but don't be intimidated by them, or pretend to be someone you're not; because... "We are most effective when we're being ourselves."
6. DON'T BE SCARED OF MAKING MISTAKES. The only real mistake is one from which you learn nothing. Motto: "Far better to try something and fail, than try nothing and succeed!"
7. ACCEPT THAT IT WILL NEVER BE EASY. Realizing your dream may be the hardest, most uphill thing you'll ever do. A truth ... "You can't coast uphill."
The key ingredient in success is never giving up. Keep on keeping on with your quest. It has been said that "success is 99% made up of failures".
8. STAY HUMBLE. (no matter how successful you may be.) Don't ever think you've made it and arrived--there's always a lot ahead, more to do, higher mountains to climb. Motto: "The greatest way to do our thing has yet to be discovered!"
9. DON'T UNDERESTIMATE YOURSELF. There is incredible power in yourself (in the form of the unique human mind), but far more so in the forces of the Universe. Make them work for you by living your life in harmony with these natural forces. Like positive energy attracts like.
Enough "spiritual" thoughts! Back to the "real world" and you. Avoid developing an inferiority complex (Who am I, a 'nothing'?"). Don't be filled with feelings of self pity ("nobody likes me"), or think "I can't do it". These thoughts will steal your dream.
10. HAVE FUN. Nothing is ever as bad as it seems--don't get too solemn, or serious or too downcast when things go wrong (as they surely will from time to time). Take a leaf from Thomas Edison's book: "I never did a day's work in my entire life: it was all FUN!"
Laugh at life's funny moments... and there are plenty of them. "The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one does." -J.M. Barrie
11. DEVELOP 'THE WILL TO LIVE'. There will be plenty of times when you'll face the death of your dream. When failures, disappointments, and criticisms come you need the will and faith to keep going. Remember: We learn far more from our failures than our successes, because failures show us what doesn't work. So, failure is just one step closer to ultimate success. Often the difference between failure and success is trying just one more time, picking yourself up off the canvas after being knocked down time and again.
12. DEVELOP 'THE WILL TO HELP AND SERVE OTHERS'. Success on its own (i.e., for its own sake) will pollute and corrupt you--it's a dead end street unless you have meaning in your life. The years of struggle breed fortitude and character. The gold may be an inch away from the seam, where your fellow miners have given up. You need to succeed for a reason, a purpose, a cause that's bigger than you! and IF (a very big if) you've fulfilled all the above requirements...
13. ALWAYS BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR OPPORTUNITIES. They are all around you. There are no permanent problems--only solutions, possibilities and opportunities. The Chinese word for 'crisis' means 'danger' + 'opportunity'.
14. If you truly believe in what you are doing, DEVELOP THE 'WILL TO SUCCEED' with absolute commitment. It is not enough to just survive, aim at being the best you can possibly be! Keep your dream big, bold and even outrageous--don't water it down or settle for mediocrity... even if others think you are crazy! Trust in your judgment, your intuition and your creative mind to overcome any obstacles. "Be bold and mighty, unseen forces come to your aid."
15. NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAM! Be patient. Don't be in too much of a hurry to achieve your goals and dreams. Be persistent and never quit. As the saying goes, 'Winners never quit and quitters never win.'
Always remember, when you think you've exhausted all your possibilities, you really haven't--there's always another way, a better way...and even more importantly, there's always another day!
Life is not a dress rehearsal, it's the main event. GO FOR THAT DREAM. It is within you and within your reach.
About The Author
Craig Lock has studied and written extensively on the subject of personal success and how to live your dreams. Craig is a writer, who believes in encouraging and helping others to strive for and accomplish their dreams. He truly believes people can overcome obstacles, rise to any occasion, and accomplish their entire dream with enough faith.
Creative Writing Course: http://www.nzenterprise.com/writer/creative.html
Craig can be found accomplishing his dream at http://www.elkpublications.com/godzone.htm
Your Focus is the KEY to YOUR Success
Why do you need to know your focus when joining a group?
Reach Your Goals - Start A Round Robin
Start a "round robin" goal letter with others who need a little motivation and accountability
How to Develop a Millionaires Mind
You have a choice today?
Reach Your Goals - Have A Theraputic Meltdown
Have a therapeutic meltdown
What It Takes To Be A Champion
What is a champion really? Sure, all success oriented people strive for being the best they can be, but what qualities really make up a true champion. I've outlined them below.
How To Use The Past, Future, And Present In Attaining Success
Did you know that your past, present, and future can affectdirectly or indirectly your outlook in life?
The Power Of Partnerships
Everything we have in life is because of the help of other people. If you have a successful job where you are rapidly moving up it is in large part because of the help you've received from your coworkers. If you have successful and harmonious relationships it is in part because of the other person. If you own a successful and growing business it is in part because of your employees and the relationships you've developed with other businesses associates.
Motivation By Desire
Many of us have lost sight of what we really desire in life. We probably need to remind ourselves of the importance of rediscovering our desires and regaining the spark which makes life worthwhile.
Keep Track of Your Results
Three key words to remember: weigh, count and measure. Now, why weigh, count and measure? To see what your results are from your activity, your attitude and your philosophy. If you find that the results are not to your liking, there are only three places to look. Your philosophy needs to be fine-tuned; your attitude needs to be strengthened or your disciplines need extra skill. But that's it. Activity, attitude and philosophy create results.
The Psychology Of Success; Part 2
In the first part of this article you learned some very important psychological skills for success. You learned how to build up your self-confidence and how to be assertive, fairly. And, how to ask for what you want, but without being confrontational.
Evaluating Your Associations (Part One)
If you were to evaluate the major influences in your life that have shaped the kind of person you are, this has to be high on the list: the people and thoughts you choose to allow into your life. Mr. Shoaff gave me a very important warning in those early days that I would like to share with you. He said, "Never underestimate the power of influence." Indeed, the influence of those around us is so powerful! Many times we don't even realize we're being strongly affected because influences generally develop over an extended period of time.
Universal Success Secrets Shared
Are there any universal laws that most successful people seem to follow? Great question, huh?
Do You Need A Change Of Mind?
Napoleon Hill, the famous inspirational writer, once met a reader who became a millionaire after reading one of his books. The book, Think and Grow Rich, transformed Bill McCall of Australia from rags to riches.
Potholes On The Road To Success
Howdy folks, today I would like to speak to you about the journey to success. Potholes on that road to be more exact. Success is the one thing that everyone aspires to attain in life. But for many it has been very elusive, leaving them to believe it is a matter of luck or a gift. Success can be achieved by all, but knowing how to achieve it puzzles many. Here are a few potholes on your journey:
The Circular Blame Game
Mike, his feet dangling above the city, opened his lunch box and groaned.
10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace - Wayne Dyer Book Mini-Review
Dr. Wayne Dyer published his best-selling book, "10 Secrets for Success and Inner Peace" and it's an easy read. It's the type of book that you can crack open and find nuggets on pretty much every page you open it to.
Ignite Your Success - 21 Actions
Taking action is the strongest way to create success in your life. The following are the 21 Actions that you can take right now, to ignite the success in your life, business, career, relationships, or family. Take one or two of the actions that you are better at and practice them. Then, start working on some of the other actions. You will be surprised at the success that you will have when you start to take action.
Gracefully Accepting Feedback a Key Employment Skill
With the long-term trend of protecting employees' individual self esteem added to an overriding concern over expensive employee lawsuits, accountability is more a buzzword than a way of life at most companies.
It Takes Competence to Change!
This article is about a subject that few people think of when "change" is mentioned. The topic is COMPETENCE.
The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
"The reason man may become the master of his own destiny is because he has the power to influence his own subconscious mind." ? Napoleon Hill
|home | site map|